25 February, 2009

SEATTLE


For Valentines, Justin and I flew to Seattle for the weekend. We left the kids home with Grandma Patty and took off. It was wonderful! We lucked out hitting a weekend with NO RAIN! However, we were FREEZING! (and we didn't rent a car- we walked, took the bus, took the monorail, or got a taxi)


The first thing we did was go to Pike Street Market Place. This was the coolest place with a ton of cool shops. The food was delicious.



I couldn't believe the fresh fruit. It tasted soooo good.




In the afternoon we took the monorail over to the space needle. We were too cheap to spend the $65 to go to the top, so we just checked out all the cool stuff in the gift shop. Justin thought these sunglasses were just too cool. (for some reason they reminded me of Kefford Peterson)



This was Friday night down on the pier. Beautiful.




Saturday morning we took a 3 hr. boat ride on the Victoria Clipper to Victoria, British Columbia. It was a calm beautiful morning.


O Canada!!


Once in Victoria, we walked up to the Craigdarroch Castle. I was in heaven walking through the castle.


Beautiful, but I would hate to clean it.

This is a Steinway grand piano. I sat down and played for a little while. Loved it.


This is what Justin thought of the castle.


Can you find Justin?


We were standing in front of the Parliment Building. The wind was blowing (if you can't tell by my hair) - it was a cold trip, but we loved it.

10 comments:

thebarrusfamily said...

I'm so jealous! I'm glad you had a great trip.

Richard and Michelle said...

How fun!!!! It looks so beautiful there. I hope Justin bought those glasses but if I know Justin I'll bet $1000 dollars that he didn't.

Megan and John said...

so fun. next time i wanna come... :)

Elizabeth Peterson said...

That is so great! I love the pictures you took and I am glad you had such a fun time! Kefford would have tried on those same glasses your little comment made me laugh!

Who is that Justin is smooching on? OOhhh I bet you were so ticked! :)

Candice said...

I love Justin's glasses (that would be a great christmas picture!), you should of bought them for him! I am glad that you had fun!

Vanesa said...

What a fun trip, guys! Seattle and Victoria always bring back good memories for Andrew and me. :)

Amberly said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I love Seattle and Victoria. I think I need to get myself there again! Well, right now I would take any kind of trip... :)

Carrie said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Jer & I have been looking for somewhere to go for our anniversary this year, I think I'll add this to my list of possibilities!

The Kelly's said...

Hey! We are going to Seattle in April and can't wait. The kids are coming with us and are most excited about the plane. :) Should be fun.

You guys always do fun stuff. Glad you got to get away!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a handsome couple you two are -- and after 4 kids and all of these years. I am glad you had such a great trip. Love MOM