25 August, 2009

Dawson's 3rd Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWSON
I can't believe that it was three years ago that I had him. His first year was extremely hard for Justin and I. He ALWAYS needed to be held. Then little by little he has become such a pleasant kid. I don't think there is a day now that goes by without us laughing at him, about him, or with him. We LOVE the personality that he brings into our family.

Since Davis played baseball this last season, Dawson has come to love anything baseball. So we decided to give him all baseball stuff. He loved it.

At our house, we have to open up presents first thing. That way you can play with it all day long.

Sporting his new Yankee hat.

Trying out his new bat and ball in the front room (I wish I could put a stop to this, but I never win.) He picked out the baseball helmet himself. He even rides his bike with it at times.



I'm not a very good cake decorator, so, if you can't tell - his cake is supposed to be a baseball. He liked it.


Happy Birthday Dawson!

10 comments:

Candice said...

Your cake is awesome! You did a great job! We all love Dawson too, he is such a cute and fun kid to watch!

Elizabeth Peterson said...

That is a very cute cake, good job. When I first started reading the post I was already planning what I would comment on. You know, like happy birthday Dawson, you are a cutie, glad you had such a great day! And then I saw the Yankees hat...really? The New York Yankees? That is so disappointing. Couldn't it have been the Anaheim Angels? or the Cleveland Indians? Even the New York Mets would have been ok. But the New York Yankees? Oh man, I am in such disppointed shock right now.

Amberly said...

He is so cute I just want to give him a squeeze! Remember when he first learned to run? I loved watching his cute little run, it's still cute but that baby run is it's own kind of cute.

Oh, and your cake is really cute.

Amberly said...

If this were a baby shower I would have lost all of my baby pins and then some. It must be early in the morning...

Nate and Lana Hope said...

HE is an AWESOME kid! Love him! He makes me laugh everytime I am around him! Still laughing about the toilet paper! So glad he had an awesome baseball b-day! The cake is great!

bestofthebishops said...

What a cute little boy! I always forget that he and Cohen are pretty much the same age. I also loved the silly face pics of all your kids! Too cute!

Janelle said...

Congrats on baby #5! You and Justin make beautiful kids.

Richard and Michelle said...

Wow you are talented! He's getting so dang big! Love you!

Michelle Nielsen said...

Hey Brook!! Cute blog!!...I just happened to come across yours. How are you doing? I see your prego! Congrats!!

Elizabeth Peterson said...

just so you know, for whatever reason your baby countdown says that you have 56 weeks left until babys arrival. You go girl with your year long pregnancy!

I think the kids messed up the dates on my computer!